Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Dreams, and I Found Lydia

 I've been having a recurring dream lately.

It always starts the same way.  I'm running through the woods, being chased by... someone.  I don't know who but I know that if they catch me I'm going to die.  I see this hotel in the distance and I run to it.  It takes an absurdly long time; sometimes it feels like an hour, until my body feels like it'll burst apart.  But I make it, get in, and shut the door.

At the reception desk is the dead woman.  She turns to me and smiles.  "Welcome home", she says.

Then I wake up.

Last night, Lydia was the receptionist.

Today, she called me.  She seemed to be missing time; when I told her it was Wednesday she literally gasped.  She had quite the story.

She told me that she'd been in that hotel in the woods.  That she'd entered it in a dream and woke up in the forest, lost, when the dream ended.  She said her dream was identical to mine.  She saw herself as the receptionist.  She said it took her almost half a day to leave the forest, which is impossible.  It's not that big.

Something's going on here.  I don't like it.

I found Trent as well.  He's been pouring over his work and ignoring me entirely, it seems.  Another officer told me that he's been sleeping at the station.  He said he's concerned about him; that he doesn't seem to be taking care of himself.  I tried to see him but he refused to see me.

I'll be going to the beach this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lydia's Dead

.RESET .3 .2 .1 I went to the beach at about 4 AM to beat the crowds that come in early every morning to watch the sun rise.  I wasn't e...