Monday, June 28, 2021

Trent, and Decisions

 Trent's been on my ass about this blog lately.  He seems really, really angry that I'm talking about this stuff at all.  Not the "I don't know what any of this is" that Lydia described the cops showing her.  I mean real, palpable anger.  He hasn't spoken to me in two days, after telling me to delete it and "keep my nose where it belongs".  I will not delete it.  This is where I belong.  I am a resident of this town, same as him, and we all deserve the truth about any danger in our community.

To that end, I will be going to Dexter's Park tomorrow.  Lydia is coming with me.  We had to wait for a time she was off-work, so she doesn't have to follow her standard route.  We're going to do a deep search, looking for that hotel-type-building she described.  We'll prove she's not making it up or crazy.  We'll prove there's something going on here.

I'm not sure what else I should do in the meantime.  There seems to be a lot of angles to this investigation, and I think they might all lead to the truth at the center.  They just follow different paths.

I could talk to Trent, try to figure out what's eating him up so much.  Of course, that might just lead to more anger and distrust.  I could check the beach as well as the forest (or even rent a boat and go out a ways, to see if I can find anything out there- I doubt it, though).  That will take a lot of time and might be a big nothing, but if it's not, who knows.  Or I could search the internet to see if anyone else has any information about this town.  I didn't find anything the first time, but you never know.

If I have any followers and this isn't just a vanity project, please give me a suggestion.  There's too many options and I don't know what the best use of my time is here.  It's essential that I don't waste it.  There's a killer to find.

2 comments:

  1. sounds to me like you should try searching the beach. boat might waste valuable time, and talking to trent might push him enough to make him refuse to help you later down the line. (though from the sounds of it he’s not being much help anyways, so do with that as you will.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. Someone suggested I might try talking to him in an indirect way, but I'm not sure. (Let's hope he's not reading this comment.)

      Delete

Lydia's Dead

.RESET .3 .2 .1 I went to the beach at about 4 AM to beat the crowds that come in early every morning to watch the sun rise.  I wasn't e...