Sunday, June 13, 2021

Lydia

I had to work yesterday, so I didn't get to Dexter's Park until today.  I left for the park a bit before sunrise and made my way into it as the sky was brightening up.  It was pretty empty.  I didn't encounter anybody else on the trails as I made my way in, which honestly wasn't too surprising because it was almost ninety degrees out.  The other townsfolk probably had better things to do than giving themselves heatstroke.  Not me, though.  Like I said in my previous post, if there's something happening here, someone has to uncover it.

I was getting ready to call my trip a waste of time and turn back when I finally saw someone else wander into my field of view.  An exhausted looking park ranger who looked to be in her mid-30s and didn't appear to have slept for days.  I walked over and introduced myself.  She told me her name was Lydia.  I asked her if she was aware of the corpse found on the shore near the park.

"I found it" was the response.

I told her that I'm a journalist and asked to interview her.  She agreed to meet with me after her shift.  Eight PM tonight.

Below, I've attached some pictures of the park from this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lydia's Dead

.RESET .3 .2 .1 I went to the beach at about 4 AM to beat the crowds that come in early every morning to watch the sun rise.  I wasn't e...